1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Courses Currently taking graduate course as an Undergraduate

1. Oct 23, 2012 #1
    I am currently taking graduate algebra as an undergraduate (junior) in University of Toronto, and I just took a midterm today. Since I am an undergraduate, the grade matters. In order to get a good chance to go into graduate schools for Mathematics in Canada and USA, is it must have to get a A or A+ in graduate courses as an undergraduate? Or, is A- alright? (or should I get at least an average grade on that course as an undergraduate competing with graduate students?)

Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 25, 2012 #2
    I don't know a whole lot about this, as I didn't have that sort of option at my undergrad school and I am a master's student at a rather average state university. But I would assume that an A- would certainly be fine, and most likely a B would be fine as well, since you are an undergrad taking grad-level coursework. I mean, we are only expected to keep up a B average as grads, and I think they expect less, not more, of the undergrads. But like I said, I am not, probably, at the sort of school you're planning on applying to.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook