Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Data delete after power off from my external hard drive type my passport 500 g.b

1. Feb 14, 2012 #1
    thanks to read my message
    after transfer my document and plug out my external hard " my passport 3.0 500 g.b " all data delete , plz help me

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2012
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 17, 2012 #2
    unfortunately there's not much you can do to resolve the problem. When you connect an external drive to the system, windows is actively reading and writing to the disk. If you do not close all active connections to the drive and simply disconnect the drive, there is a chance that it will cause a corruption on the external drive. This appears to have happened to your disk.
    There isnt really much you can do about this now. All you can do is ensure that you disconnect drives in the correct procedure by using the "Safely remove drive" icon in your task bar.

4. Feb 19, 2012 #3
    thank you too much for your advice , i solve the problem , i use a shadow user program " just like a deep freez " , and this program deal with the external hard as a Part of partation C which I Freez it , any way thank u too much for your interest

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook