Dating for the Elderly: Are You Over 40 and Single?

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
In summary, there is a poll for the older people on the forum to see how many of them are single. There are also discussions about the options in the poll and some joking around. Some members reveal their age and relationship status.

Are you?

• Female, over 40, soon to be single

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
tribdog said:
Marlon Monroe, Marlon Chaney, Marlon Gaye

Marlon Manson

Physics news on Phys.org
BobG said:
We can test for age. :devil:

My avatar is a close up of:

a) a Walther WSR 160
b) a Picket N600-T
c) a K&E #4012
d) a VIC-20
e) an HP-35

dlgoff said:
Oh. That's easy. It's a.

Okay, I've come to the conclusion that dlgoff is telling the truth about his age. No one under the age of 40 would have picked 'a'. dlgoff's so old he's never been able to adapt to things like google searches.

BobG said:
Okay, I've come to the conclusion that dlgoff is telling the truth about his age. No one under the age of 40 would have picked 'a'. dlgoff's so old he's never been able to adapt to things like google searches.
Wow. That google search thing really works good. Look what it "says" about old people using the http://sliderule.ozmanor.com/rules/sr-0123-pickn600t-01.html" :
Very compact rule requiring good eyesight (or reading glasses)
And yes, I've got one that I can't see anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
BobG said:

Anyone really over 40 couldn't answer your question at all...they'd just see a yellow blur as they tried to squint through their bifocals. :biggrin:

I've been quite knocked back by how ill one can feel from eyestrain this week. Took me ages to work out what was wrong, but it seems my eyesight deteriorating even more while wearing my old glasses was the problem. Of course the fact I haven't had my eyes tested in 7 years might have contributed to the problem.

I can't imagine my eyes getting any worse though. :uhh:

OK guys and gals, I am older than dirt. I knew dirt, dirt was a friend of mine and believe me you kids will learn to adapt to becoming older than dirt at some point.

Growing older really beats the alternative. :tongue2:

Kurdt said:
I can't imagine my eyes getting any worse though. :uhh:
Just wait, your eyeballs harden as you get older, making it more difficult to focus.

I believe I read that your eyeballs are one of the things that don't regenerate, most other parts of the body (like your bones) replace themselves every 7-15 years approximately.

Don't hit me if I am wrong MB, I'm going strictly from memory here and I'm old.

edward said:
OK guys and gals, I am older than dirt. I knew dirt, dirt was a friend of mine and believe me you kids will learn to adapt to becoming older than dirt at some point.
You're right, edward. At some point in one's life we must all make friends with dirt, because waking up on the right side of dirt becomes increasingly important.

Moonbear said:
Anyone really over 40 couldn't answer your question at all...they'd just see a yellow blur as they tried to squint through their bifocals. :biggrin:

:grumpy: most of you young uns have square eyes, i am sure the age for glasses is getting less and less, i sure do not need any.

Evo said:
Just wait, your eyeballs harden as you get older, making it more difficult to focus.
To focus your eyes, you automatically flex some tiny muscles in your eyes that distort the internal lenses (the lenses that get replaced with plastic in cataract surgery). As you age, the lenses stiffen and you will lose the ability to achieve close focus, which is known as presbyopia, which is when your optometrist suggests bi-focals or progressive lenses.