1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Definite Integral with u/du subsitition

1. Jan 20, 2010 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    Evaluate the indefinite integral by the method shown in Example 5. (the example in the book is just using the u and du substitution)

MathHelp1-1.jpg

2. Relevant equations
    None.

3. The attempt at a solution

The question is right below the instruction and after that question is my steps. Please correct me if I have made mistake somewhere along the way or if I am doing it incorrectly. I get stuck at the last step because I am not sure what I should do to the 2 in front of u^1/2. Please help. Thank you very much.

I don't know how to use the math codes in the forum... so I am attaching a screen shot instead. Thank you.

MathHelp1.jpg

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 20, 2010 #2

Dick

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

The substitution went just fine. I'm not sure what you want to do with the '2'. Just leave it there and try to integrate both terms du. Can you do that?

4. Jan 31, 2010 #3
    Thank you.
    I apologize for my careless. I got confused with the book example >.<.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook