Derivative for Product rule a new one?

In summary, the person found a formula for nth order differential equations, but is not sure if it is true or exists. They also found an exercise on Wikipedia that explains the Leibniz (product) rule. After trying to solve the equation for nth order, they found that it worked for 3rd and nth order equations.
Baharx
i found a formula but I'm not sure is and maybe this is exist i don't know.

we know it F(x)= f(x).g(x) → F'(x)= f'(x).g(x)+g'(x).f(x)

and i want to calculate nth order.

n>1
fn(x).g(x)+ [itex]\sum^{n}_{k=1}[/itex] binomial coefficient
[itex]\left(n k\right)[/itex]. f(n-k)(x).gk(x)+ gn.f(x)

is it true? and i found myself but I'm sure this formula is exist.:uhh:

Physics news on Phys.org
oh, i didnt know that. i studying Calculus and that was an exercise. Leibniz? anyway.

first i found on wikipedia this : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Difference_quotient

but i didn't understand then 6 hours i did get a fix on this exercise.
Thank you for reply.

but I'm seeing just sigma, where is fn(x).g(x) and gn(x).f(x) i added these.

and i started k=1 and Mr.Leibniz started k=0.

Your "extra terms" are contained in the sigma notation of the Leibniz formula. (In fact, since your summation goes all the way up to n, you have actually counted the last term twice. Also, there is an error in your first post - you wrote g^n(x), not g^n(x)f(x).) Even though you're not the first to derive this result, good on you for figuring it out yourself.

Mute said:
Your "extra terms" are contained in the sigma notation of the Leibniz formula. (In fact, since your summation goes all the way up to n, you have actually counted the last term twice. Also, there is an error in your first post - you wrote g^n(x), not g^n(x)f(x).) Even though you're not the first to derive this result, good on you for figuring it out yourself.

Thank you, i understand but besides i wrote n>1 condition. This is why first derivative can't be find this formula. but i tried it's working 3th order and nth order :uhh:

Thank you again.

but i understand. Thanks for the help. i want to study for master degree department of math. but i think i must study work hard.

1. What is the product rule in calculus?

The product rule is a differentiation rule that is used to find the derivative of a product of two functions. It states that the derivative of a product of two functions is equal to the first function times the derivative of the second function, plus the second function times the derivative of the first function.

2. How do you apply the product rule in calculus?

To apply the product rule, you first identify the two functions that are being multiplied together. Then, you take the derivative of the first function and multiply it by the second function. Next, you take the derivative of the second function and multiply it by the first function. Finally, you add these two products together to get the final derivative of the product of the two functions.

3. What is the formula for the product rule?

The formula for the product rule is (f(x) * g(x))' = f'(x) * g(x) + f(x) * g'(x), where f(x) and g(x) are the two functions being multiplied together and f'(x) and g'(x) are their respective derivatives.

4. Why is the product rule important?

The product rule is important because it allows us to find the derivative of a product of two functions, which is a common occurrence in many real-world applications. It also helps simplify the process of finding the derivative of a more complex function by breaking it down into simpler parts.

5. Can the product rule be applied to more than two functions?

Yes, the product rule can be extended to apply to more than two functions. In this case, the derivative of the product of three or more functions is equal to the sum of each function times the derivative of the product of the other functions, following a similar pattern as the original product rule formula.