B Deriving the Lorentz transformations

Summary
I have tried to derive the lorentz transformations but there is a part of it that requires substitution into two equations when t=0. How do I do that
I have tried to derive the lorentz transformations but there is a part of it that requires substitution into two equations when t=0. How do I do that

Orodruin

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
2018 Award
Please show what you have done so far. It is impossible to tell what you have done based on your vague description.

Ibix

Science Advisor
Insights Author
Just to add - there are many, many ways to derive the transforms depending on your starting point and familiarity with different techniques. So we need to know how you are approaching it before we can comment.

You can use LaTeX to write maths - there's a guide linked below the reply box if you don't know how it works.

Just to add - there are many, many ways to derive the transforms depending on your starting point and familiarity with different techniques. So we need to know how you are approaching it before we can comment.

You can use LaTeX to write maths - there's a guide linked below the reply box if you don't know how it works.
Acacac

Actually I have found my answer. But please can you explain those other ways ?

Nugatory

Mentor
Actually I have found my answer. But please can you explain those other ways ?
Not unless we know which one you found....but as this point you’ll be better served by google. You’ll find a bunch more derivations that wAy, and if you have trouble understanding something we can help you over the hard spot.

This thread seems to be at a good stopping point so is closed.