1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Design an expiriement/lab/activity related to Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle

1. Oct 23, 2008 #1
    Any guidance towards designing an expiriement/lab/activity related to Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle?

It doesn't have to be complex or anything, just something at least related to the HUP.

I cant think of anything, my understanding is that this principle only really applies at the quantum level. Any help, suggestions desperately needed, this is due tomorrow and google has been no help what-so-ever.

As far as i understand the main demonstration is it's application in the double slit experiment.
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2008
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 23, 2008 #2
    Well the other part of HUB "states that the values of certain pairs of conjugate variables (position and momentum, or time and energy, for instance) cannot both be known with arbitrary precision. That is, the more precisely you know one value, the less precisely you know the other. This is not a statement about the limitations of a researcher's ability to measure particular quantities of a system, but rather about the nature of the system itself."

So like do an expirement where you try to determine two variables of an object thats in very fast motion. Like mayby circular motion?
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?