Design calculations for my hybrid e-cycle

In summary, the key components needed for the design of a hybrid e-cycle include a frame, wheels, brakes, gears, motor, battery, and controller. The range of a hybrid e-cycle can be calculated by considering the battery capacity, motor efficiency, and weight of the rider and the e-cycle. The ideal motor power for a hybrid e-cycle depends on various factors such as the weight of the rider, terrain, and desired speed, with a range of 250-500 watts being suitable for most e-cycles. To ensure the safety of the design, it is important to follow standard principles and regulations, use quality materials, perform thorough testing, and ensure proper installation and maintenance. While the design can be customized, it is crucial to
spsutar
i'm in the conceptual design stage of my e-cycle.

my tech reqs :

1. it should have a max speed of atleast 40 kmph.

2. gross weight = 120 kg

3. min range 30 km.

Please help me with the following design question.

how to estimate the motor & battery power requirements ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
You need more specifications and assumptions. I'm not the best with cars so I can't point you to additional parameters with confidence.

How many gears? What are the gear ratios and gear diameters?

1. What are the key components needed for the design of a hybrid e-cycle?

The key components needed for the design of a hybrid e-cycle include a frame, wheels, brakes, gears, motor, battery, and controller. These components work together to provide power, control, and stability to the e-cycle.

2. How do I calculate the range of my hybrid e-cycle?

The range of a hybrid e-cycle can be calculated by considering the battery capacity, motor efficiency, and weight of the rider and the e-cycle. The formula for range calculation is Range = Battery Capacity * Motor Efficiency * (1 - (Rider + E-cycle Weight) / Rider Weight).

3. What is the ideal motor power for a hybrid e-cycle?

The ideal motor power for a hybrid e-cycle depends on various factors such as the weight of the rider, terrain, and desired speed. Generally, a motor power between 250-500 watts is suitable for most hybrid e-cycles.

4. How can I ensure the safety of my hybrid e-cycle design?

To ensure the safety of your hybrid e-cycle design, it is essential to follow standard design principles and regulations. This includes using quality materials, performing thorough testing, and ensuring proper installation and maintenance of all components.

5. Can I customize the design of my hybrid e-cycle?

Yes, the design of a hybrid e-cycle can be customized as per personal preferences. However, it is important to ensure that any modifications do not compromise the safety and functionality of the e-cycle. Consulting a professional designer or engineer can help in creating a customized design that meets your needs.