1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Design of a mixing box of different gases

1. Jul 8, 2011 #1
    Hi guys, I am designing a mixing box for different gases. Here is my plan: I will use Acrylic panels with the dimension of 30cm x 30cm x30cm. Two 3/4 inch pipes feed inflows at flow rate of 1300 LPM in total. The outlet is an rectangular opening of 8cm x 8cm. How can I define the pressure inside the box?

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 10, 2011 #2
    I am not quite sure what you mean by "define the pressure inside the box" ...I mean, you do not define it....the box is part of a larger flow network...depending on the pressure on the outlet (the 8x8 one) and the flow rate and the density of the gas, etc., you need to calculate your pressure losses along that pipe and figure out the pressure in the box...if you do not know your pressure right outside the 8x8 outlet, you need to start from the place where you KNOW the pressure and calculated your pressure losses up stream until you get to your box...is that what you are asking?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook