Detailed blank maps of countries and their states

• Thread starter big man
  • Start date
  • Tags
    States
In summary, the conversation is about finding a website that provides detailed blank maps of countries and their states. Google Earth, Aardvark Map, and Flash Earth are mentioned as possible options, with Google Earth being the best free option. The conversation also mentions the use of gaming technology in creating these maps.
big man
I don't entirely know if this is the most approriate section or not, but I want to know if there is an online site that will allow you to get detailed blank maps of countries and their states. I'm particular interested in finding a detailed map of south western australia though.

I apologise if this is the wrong section and if it is then could you please move it to the most appropriate.

Thanks guys

Earth sciences news on Phys.org
Big Man,

Try Google Earth http://www.google.com/earth/" for detailed maps, google Earth can get as detailed as possible, but its a little bit out of date tho :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhh thanks that will do me just fine :smile:

Google Earth is probably the best free option that doesn't require you having access to the United States NSA's PREDATOR spy satellite system. :)

You can do this with http://www.aardvarkmap.net - it's a tool we've just developed that works in conjunction with Google Maps but makes the whole process of adding a map to your site much simpler.

Hope this helps,

Aaron

Mk said:
Google Earth is probably the best free option that doesn't require you having access to the United States NSA's PREDATOR spy satellite system. :)

Try

http://www.flashearth.com/

They've got a seamless refresh rate. Its also associated with Google earth. This is what gaming technology has done for us.:rolleyes:

That's pretty awesome. I don't think it has all the little things Google Earth has though, that pop up on the map.

1. What is a detailed blank map of a country and its states?

A detailed blank map of a country and its states is a map that shows the boundaries and names of individual states within a specific country, but does not include any other information such as cities, roads, or geographical features.

2. Where can I find a detailed blank map of a specific country and its states?

You can find detailed blank maps of countries and their states online, through map-making software, or at your local library or bookstore.

3. Why would someone need a detailed blank map of a country and its states?

Detailed blank maps are often used by researchers, educators, and travelers to study and understand the political divisions within a country. They can also be used for planning and creating customized maps for specific purposes.

4. Are detailed blank maps of countries and their states accurate?

Yes, detailed blank maps are usually based on official data and are accurate in terms of state boundaries and names. However, they may not always reflect recent changes or disputed territories.

5. Can I use a detailed blank map of a country and its states for commercial purposes?

It depends on the specific map and its intended use. Some maps may be free to use for commercial purposes, while others may require a license or permission from the creator. It is important to check the terms of use before using a detailed blank map for commercial purposes.