Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Detailed blank maps of countries and their states

1. Sep 11, 2006 #1
    I don't entirely know if this is the most approriate section or not, but I want to know if there is an online site that will allow you to get detailed blank maps of countries and their states. I'm particular interested in finding a detailed map of south western australia though.

I apologise if this is the wrong section and if it is then could you please move it to the most appropriate.

Thanks guys
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 11, 2006 #2
    Big Man,

Try Google Earth <Click> or Google Maps <Click> for detailed maps, google earth can get as detailed as possible, but its a little bit out of date tho :rolleyes:
  4. Sep 11, 2006 #3
    Ahhh thanks that will do me just fine :smile:
  5. Sep 11, 2006 #4

Google Earth is probably the best free option that doesn't require you having access to the United States NSA's PREDATOR spy satellite system. :)
  6. Nov 9, 2006 #5
    You can do this with http://www.aardvarkmap.net - it's a tool we've just developed that works in conjunction with Google Maps but makes the whole process of adding a map to your site much simpler.

Hope this helps,

7. Nov 9, 2006 #6

They've got a seamless refresh rate. Its also associated with Google earth. This is what gaming technology has done for us.:rolleyes:
  8. Nov 21, 2006 #7

That's pretty awesome. I don't think it has all the little things Google Earth has though, that pop up on the map.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?