Determine the indefinite integral

In summary, an indefinite integral is a mathematical function that represents the antiderivative of another function. It is used to find the original function when given its derivative. To solve an indefinite integral, integration techniques such as substitution, integration by parts, or partial fractions are used. The difference between a definite and indefinite integral is that a definite integral has specific limits of integration while an indefinite integral does not. The constant of integration is necessary in an indefinite integral because it is lost when taking the derivative and needs to be added back in to represent all possible solutions. Indefinite integrals have real-world applications in various fields such as physics, economics, and chemistry, where they are used to model and analyze continuous processes.
Koen crawford
Hello,

Please can someone help me solve my problem. I have recently submitted my answer and had my work referred for an error. I have pictures of my question and working out, however i can not seem to post them on the page. can i email them to someone for advice/guidance

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
Koen crawford said:
Hello,

Please can someone help me solve my problem. I have recently submitted my answer and had my work referred for an error. I have pictures of my question and working out, however i can not seem to post them on the page. can i email them to someone for advice/guidance

Thanks
You should post your question
a) in the homework section of PF
b) use the (automatically inserted) homework template
c) fill this out to show us your exercise and your progression
d) by using LaTex or at least the symbols supplied to you by clicking on the ##∑## sign in the edit mode
e) and typing formulas as ##\text{ ## formula ## }##
f) which you can check by looking at the preview in the edit mode

This might be a little work to do, but it is for well thought about reasons.

Thread closed. Without information about the problem, there is nothing to respond to.

What is an indefinite integral?

An indefinite integral is a mathematical function that represents the antiderivative of another function. It is denoted by the symbol ∫ and is used to find the original function when given its derivative.

How do you solve an indefinite integral?

To solve an indefinite integral, you need to use integration techniques such as substitution, integration by parts, or partial fractions. You also need to know the basic rules of integration, such as the power rule and the constant multiple rule.

What is the difference between a definite and indefinite integral?

A definite integral has specific limits of integration, while an indefinite integral does not. This means that a definite integral will give a numerical value, while an indefinite integral will give a general formula.

Why is the constant of integration necessary in an indefinite integral?

The constant of integration is necessary because when taking the derivative of a function, the constant is lost. Therefore, when finding the antiderivative, the constant must be added back in to represent all possible solutions.

What are some real-world applications of indefinite integrals?

Indefinite integrals are used in various fields of science and engineering, such as physics, economics, and chemistry. They are used to model and analyze continuous processes, such as the velocity of an object, the growth of a population, and the rate of a chemical reaction.