1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Determine the latent heat of an unknown substance

1. Jul 20, 2007 #1
    I need to determine the latent heat of an unknown substance X in kcal/g if 3.0g of boiling liquid X are completely vaporized in 1.5 hours by an energy source of 10kcal/hr.

Thanks a million!!!!!!!!!!

Dave

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 20, 2007 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF, dhkdl1. Homework and coursework questions like this need to be posted in the appropriate forum in the Homework Help section of the PF, and not in the general technical forums. I've moved your thread to the Homework Help forums, leaving a redirect in the general technical forum.

And on questions like these, you are required to show us the relevant equations and some of your own work, in order for us to be able to provide some tutorial help to you.

So what equations do you think apply here?

4. Jul 22, 2007 #3
    still need help!!!!

The formula my book show for Q=cmdelta T, I guess what I reaaaallllyyy need to know is how to find deltaT given the above problem and then the Lv(latent heat of the unknown substance). This too is a distance learning experience. So please point me in the right direction

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?