Determining power supplied by battery

In summary, to determine the power supplied by a battery, you need to know the voltage and current, and can calculate it using the equation P=VI. The unit of measurement for battery power is watts (W). The power of a battery is directly related to its lifespan, with higher power output resulting in a shorter lifespan. Different batteries can have the same power output as long as their voltage and current are the same. The power supplied by a battery is not constant and can decrease as the battery's energy depletes, and can also be affected by temperature and age.
Miike012
The question and my solution are in the paint document.
Can someone tell me if I am correct or not? If my answer is wrong am I on the right track?

Attachments

• Sol.jpg
    Sol.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 643
Physics news on Phys.org
Your answer is correct and the picture is very nice. Good work!

ehild

1. How do you determine the power supplied by a battery?

To determine the power supplied by a battery, you need to know the voltage and current of the battery. The power can be calculated by multiplying the voltage (V) by the current (I), using the equation P=VI.

2. What is the unit of measurement for battery power?

The unit of measurement for battery power is watts (W), which represents the rate at which energy is being transferred. 1 watt is equal to 1 joule of energy per second.

3. How does the power of a battery affect its lifespan?

The power of a battery is directly related to its lifespan. The higher the power output, the shorter the battery's lifespan will be. This is because a higher power output means the battery is supplying energy at a faster rate, resulting in a quicker depletion of its stored energy.

4. Can different batteries have the same power output?

Yes, different batteries can have the same power output. This is because the power output of a battery is determined by its voltage and current, not its size or shape. As long as two batteries have the same voltage and current, their power output will be the same.

5. Is the power supplied by a battery constant?

No, the power supplied by a battery is not constant. As the battery's energy is depleted, the power output will decrease. Additionally, factors such as temperature and battery age can also affect the power output of a battery.