Determining Valve Size for Natural Gas: V250 Rotary Ball Valve Calculation

  • Thread starter Thread starter gillmitch92
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Valve
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
gillmitch92
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
I am struggling with calculating the valve size from a V250 rotary ball valve by Fisher Controls International. The below table states that natural gas is running through the vavle and the following properties apply:Natural Gas

Required volumetric flow rate [@ STP] 2.8 x 106 litre per minute
Density [@ STP] 0.752 kg per m3
Specific heat ratio 1.31
Inlet pressure 20 bar gauge
Outlet pressure 6 bar gauge
Inlet Temperature 20 °C

Would I be right in thinking that I need to find the ratio between the required volumetric flow rate and the density of the valve first?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Dr. Courtney said:
http://www.forberg.com/pdf/techSup/Home_Tech%20Support_Valve%20Flow_calc_and_sizing.pdf

Thank you very much for the link - I'll take a look @ it.