Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Dg201cj cmos quad spst analog switch

1. Sep 30, 2010 #1
    Hi..anyone here can explain to me what is the function of this device DG201 CMOS QUAD SPST ANALOG SWITCH? I had search using google or yahoo search machine but still cant find any site explaining this device. So if you know what is it please tell me or paste the link for me here. I dun want the datasheet. What i want is the theory behind it. Thanks..

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 30, 2010 #2

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It's a simple switch (the 201 has four switches). You supply a digital input to the IN pin, 3v close and 0v to open, which causes a connection between switch terminals S and D to close or open.

The data sheet is what you need to look at. It tells you the how it works and what applications it can be used for.

4. Sep 30, 2010 #3

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

I googled analog switch tutorial, and got lots of good hits. You can do the same search, or you can read this hit from the list by Maxim:

http://www.maxim-ic.com/app-notes/index.mvp/id/638

5. Sep 30, 2010 #4

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

6. Sep 30, 2010 #5

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

:rofl:

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook