Did you know its a Programmer's day?

• Thread starter Borek
  • Start date
In summary: I am told. :)No Borek, I was not aware of that. Thanks for that. A colleague of mine is of the opinion that we should get a holiday on the second day, the fourth day, the eighth day, the sixteenth day, the thrity-second day, the sixty-fourth day and the one hundred and twenty-eighth day as well. Yeah. It's about time we got the recognition we deserve...Woo Hoo! :tongue2:Happy Day, Programmers! :)Why do programmers always confuse Halloween and Christmas?Programmers celebrate their day every October 31st, which is also known as "Programmers' Day". They believe that everyone who works in programming
Borek
Mentor
Physics news on Phys.org
No Borek, I was not aware of that. Thanks for that. A colleague of mine is of the opinion that we should get a holiday on the second day, the fourth day, the eighth day, the sixteenth day, the thrity-second day, the sixty-fourth day and the one hundred and twenty-eighth day as well. Yeah. It's about time we got the recognition we deserve...

Woo Hoo! :tongue2:

Happy Day, Programmers! :)

Why do programmers always confuse Halloween and Christmas?

Because OCT 31 = DEC 25.

Ken Natton said:
No Borek, I was not aware of that. Thanks for that. A colleague of mine is of the opinion that we should get a holiday on the second day, the fourth day, the eighth day, the sixteenth day, the thrity-second day, the sixty-fourth day and the one hundred and twenty-eighth day as well. Yeah. It's about time we got the recognition we deserve...

That's why programmers are so much fun. They're so far removed from reality that they never have a clue when they're being taken advantage of.

First year: They get 8 holidays.

Second year: 1 holiday.

Third year: 1 holiday.

Fourth year: 0 holidays.

Fifth year: 0 holidays.

Sixth year: 1 holiday.

Seventh through 10th years: 0 holidays.

11th year: 1 holiday.

And so on.

The good thing about the the cluelessness of programmers is that they'll never rule the world. If they did, we'd get stuck with either a 256 day year or a 512 day year and a quarter of the population would die during the great famine caused by planting our crops in the dead of winter ... er, I mean the unusually cold summer.

The World's Last C Bug
------------------------

while (1)
{
status = GetRadarInfo();
if (status = 1)
LaunchMissiles();
}

jobyts said:
The World's Last C Bug
------------------------

while (1)
{
status = GetRadarInfo();
if (status = 1)
LaunchMissiles();
}

I sure hope you didn't do this just because you were offended by my last post. I think that angering someone enough to end the world in a nuclear holocaust would decrease my popularity.

I keep thinking that I should do my taxes in hex. I've never seen "base 10 only" specified anywhere in the tax law.

Giving one's age in hex is also preferable these days...

What is Programmer's Day?

Programmer's Day is an annual holiday celebrated on the 256th day of the year (September 13th or September 12th on leap years). It is a day to recognize and appreciate the contributions of programmers and their impact on our daily lives.

Why is Programmer's Day celebrated on September 13th?

The number 256 is significant in the world of programming as it is the highest power of 2 that is less than 365 (the number of days in a year). This makes it the perfect day to celebrate the hard work and dedication of programmers.

How long has Programmer's Day been celebrated?

The first Programmer's Day was celebrated on September 13th, 2009. It was proposed by Valentin Balt and Michael Cherviakov, two Russian programmers, to be celebrated as an international holiday.

Are there any specific traditions or customs associated with Programmer's Day?

There are no specific traditions or customs associated with Programmer's Day. However, it is a day to recognize and appreciate the hard work and contributions of programmers, so showing gratitude and appreciation towards them is always a great way to celebrate.

How can I celebrate Programmer's Day?

You can celebrate Programmer's Day by thanking a programmer in your life, sharing a meme or joke about programming, or treating yourself or a programmer friend to a special meal or gift. You can also participate in programming competitions or attend events celebrating the holiday.