Didn't know where to put this in

• Thread starter varsha
  • Start date
In summary, you need to copy and paste the text where it says "Hotlink for forums (1)" or (2), it doesn't matter.
varsha
ppl, how do u upload ur photos? i tried but i didn't find any option for that.

Physics news on Phys.org
Go to the advanced reply menu. Just above the space where you type there will be several icons for your options. If you click on the one that looks like a paper clip the menu that pops up should be self explainitory enough from there.

---Edit---
Oh and for future reference threads like this techinically belong in the Help and Feedback forum I believe. You could also PM a mentor or someone else who seems to know what they are doing.:smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, i browsed my photo and clicked host it. then in the next page,it's given- Use the above links in order to hotlink your thumbnail on a website, forum, or message board .but i can't use those links because they are not valid. that's what it says here. what should i do?
and yeah, I've chosen imageshack.us

TheStatutoryApe...

i got the attachments done, but how do i put it in my profile? i couldn't even put it in the messege block.

Please don't start a new thread to continue an older thread. I merged the two.

Img tags, which are what Mk referred to, only work in General Discussion. In other forums, you have to attach the file into your post. As for pictures in your profile, that's a feature only contributors can use (as are avatar photos and signatures). If you want to learn more about the features and benefits that come with contributorship, click on "upgrade" in the menu at the top of the screen.

Does Greg need a kidney or something? This pushing for contributions is getting annoying.

You can't have a picture under your name unless you pay, varsha. Marsha! Marsha! µarsha!

After you upload your picture varsha, copy and paste the text where it says "direct link to image," to your post.

If you are in General Discussion, and you wanted the image to appear as an image instead of a link, just copy and paste the text where it says "Hotlink for forums (1)" or (2), it doesn't matter.
Like this:

...............https://www.physicsforums.com/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=917492

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is "Didn't know where to put this in"?

"Didn't know where to put this in" is a phrase commonly used to indicate uncertainty about where to place a piece of information or where to post something online.

2. How is "Didn't know where to put this in" related to science?

In science, researchers often come across new information or data that they are unsure where to place within their research or how to categorize it. "Didn't know where to put this in" is a common phrase used when discussing this issue.

3. Why is it important to properly categorize information in science?

Categorizing information correctly in science is crucial for organizing research, making accurate conclusions, and facilitating further study. It also allows other researchers to easily find and build upon previous work.

4. How can scientists determine where to put new information or data?

Scientists often use established classification systems or consult with colleagues to determine where new information should be placed. They may also conduct further experiments or research to better understand the nature of the new information before categorizing it.

5. Is there a right or wrong place to put information in science?

There is no single right or wrong place to put information in science, as different researchers may categorize information differently based on their own perspectives and experiences. However, it is important for scientists to justify their placement of information and make sure it aligns with established scientific principles and methods.