1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Difference between UCSD and UCB for undergraduate physics?

1. Aug 10, 2013 #1
    Although it seems that the consensus is that Cal is better for undergraduate physics than UCSD, i'm wondering how substantial this difference might be. Several factors (mostly money) make it more convenient for me to live at home and go to UCSD for physics, but this could be dealt with if there was a significant difference in quality. So, is Cal's undergraduate physics program really worth it?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 10, 2013 #2
    Also wondering the same thing as my college has transfer agreements to UCSD but not Cal. I personally like UCSD much better anyways. Money wise it is also cheaper.

4. Aug 11, 2013 #3
    They are both excellent schools. UCB has the benefit that it is next door to LBNL so you have a lot of opportunities to do research during the school year. You get out of a program what you put into it, but it is certainly true that what graduate school you went to matters more than what undergraduate school you went to.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook