Digital Cameras: Recording Progress on Drawing in One Day

• Thread starter zoobyshoe
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Drawing
In summary: and then it's gone for a while. I think it has a lot to do with how I process my images: I work extremely fast, and I don't always take the time to clean up my lines.
Nice work.

Science news on Phys.org
Here's a bunch of colored pencil swirly doodles for Gale. The first three have titles, the rest don't have titles yet.

Fanfare for Strings, Sackbutt, and Sidewinder:
8newcoloredpncil004650_zps7b931ad8.png

Moonsmoke:
8newcoloredpncil008650_zps578d229f.png

Botanical Dementia with Psychosis of the Palette:
8newcoloredpncil005650_zpsc2b3cb72.png

Untitled #1:
8newcoloredpncil003650_zpsb07fca19.png

Last edited:
Untitled #2:
8newcoloredpncil001650_zpsb1ac38ad.png

Untitled #3:
8newcoloredpncil002650_zpsd7d384f8.png

Untitled #4:
8newcoloredpncil006650_zps95c39136.png

Untitled #5
8newcoloredpncil007650_zps3ae9f845.png

I like your portraits and drawings Zshoe! Keep us posted with your work. :smile:

zoobyshoe said:
Uh Oh! I don't have an opening till about 2042.

What do you mean 2042? Do you realize that I'm going to look 'different' by then?!

Zooby, those are great.

I'm fairly new to this forum, but great pictures. They surely caught my attention and defiantly showcase your artistic talent.

Gad said:
I like your portraits and drawings Zshoe! Keep us posted with your work. :smile:
Will do.
What do you mean 2042? Do you realize that I'm going to look 'different' by then?!
Hmmm. I guess you can send an old picture.
AnTiFreeze3 said:
Zooby, those are great.
Thank you, Mr. F!
NATURE.M said:
I'm fairly new to this forum, but great pictures. They surely caught my attention and defiantly showcase your artistic talent.
Thanks much. I guess there's nothing like a defiant showcase to get people's attention.

zoobyshoe said:
Will do.

Hmmm. I guess you can send an old picture.

You're serious about 2042! Oh, the agony! :cry:

Seeing a drawing in progress to the finish... Awesome.

Thanks for showing us zoobyshoe.

A truly gifted artist zoob!

dlgoff said:
Seeing a drawing in progress to the finish... Awesome.

Thanks for showing us zoobyshoe.
You're welcome. I never know for certain where any of these are going when I start, so the stages are pretty interesting to me as well.
Evo said:
A truly gifted artist zoob!
Thanks!
Gad said:
I like both the title and the drawing. Perfect.
Thanks! I almost named it two other things, but I'm thinking about a group of drawings about "Night". A guy told me the Greek Goddess of Night was named "Nyx". I googled that and found there is plenty of inspiration for that theme. The next drawing is done; "Nyx, Born of Chaos," but I don't have it scanned to post yet. I used the same model, whose last name, coincidentally, is "Knight".

Hmm, I wonder if Nyx is the root for Onyx; a black gemstone. Can't wait to see your art Zshoe :)

:!) Love it, Zoob.

lisab said:
:!) Love it, Zoob.
Thanks, Lisa!

$$\mathcal BUMP!$$
This Is Beautiful.:!)
Why haven't I seen this??
<rhetorical question>
_______________________________________________________________________________________
:blushing:Don't want to leave you an opening Zoobishoe; Otherwise you certainly would have pointed out that it was because I didn't open this thread...

Last edited:
PF is truly lucky to have a truly gifted artist.

Thanks you guys.

Reminds me I've been dragging my heels on getting Nyx posted.

Nyx, Born of Chaos:
nyxbornofchaos_zps3d84e7e8.jpg

Nyx(Ancient Greek: Νύξ, "night") – Nox in Latin translation – is the Greek goddess (or personification) of the night. A shadowy figure, Nyx stood at or near the beginning of creation, and was the mother of other personified gods such as Hypnos (Sleep) and Thánatos (Death). Her appearances in mythology are sparse, but reveal her as a figure of exceptional power and beauty. She is found in the shadows of the world and only ever seen in glimpses.

In Hesiod's Theogony, Nyx is born of Chaos.

-Wikipedia

Model: Ashley Knight, girl I met at a Cafe I frequent.

Likes einswine and davenn
That is phenomenal Zoobieshoe.
Reminds me of a poem I wrote a long ago about her daughters...Don't worry, not going to bore you with it.

Holy sh..wow, I mean..what? These pictures are so nice. I had "Night Fall" enlarged and made a poster of it, it's on my living room wall, hope you dun mind. ^^ When people come over I'll tell em I was sleepwalking while I drew it.

Enigman said:
That is phenomenal Zoobieshoe.
Thanks much!
Reminds me of a poem I wrote a long ago about her daughters...Don't worry, not going to bore you with it.
Thanks very much!
lendav_rott said:
Holy sh..wow, I mean..what? These pictures are so nice. I had "Night Fall" enlarged and made a poster of it, it's on my living room wall, hope you dun mind. ^^ When people come over I'll tell em I was sleepwalking while I drew it.
I certainly don't mind people printing them out as long as someone isn't trying to sell them. I should warn you, though, Nyx is the mother of Dreams. If you try to take credit for the drawing, you could be in for some nasty nightmares. Hehe.

I see a face in every face you drew Zshoe.. Nonetheless, beautiful as usual.

Absolutely wonderful work zoobieshoe. I drew a turkey in 5th grade art class. It looked more like an ostrich.:cry:

Those look very nice. I can't say much else, as my appreciation of art is rather limited. So, it all looks impressive to me.

I haven't read through the old thread, so maybe somebody else pointed this out, but by god, that cafe you go to is filled with incredibly good looking people or what?!

Sick skills. I draw as well. No so much potraits, more fanatical nonsense, street art.

zoobyshoe said:
Thanks much!

Thanks very much!

Welcome! :smile:
but if only I were so gracious...:devil:
The Hymn of The Eumenides
-by Aeschylus (Turtle Guy)......​
Let us now! with solemn step move in accord.
And show in accord
The enthralling might of our music.
Let us tell them of our vengeance :
Let us all make mention of justice.
Whoso showeth hands that are undefiled,
Lo he shall suffer naught of us ever.
But shall go unharmed to his ending.
But, if he hath sinned, like unto this man.
And covereth hands that are blood-stained,
Then is our witness true to the slain man;
And we sue for the blood, sue and pursue for it.
So that at the last there is payment.
Sing then the spell, Sisters of Hell;
Chant him the charm, mighty to harm,
Binding the blood, madding the mood;
Such the music that we make :
Quail, ye sons of men, quail and quake;
Bow the heart, bend, and break.​
-------------------------------------------------------
The poem belongs to the play Orestia's third part Eumenides. Eumenides, Eryines or furies as they were variously called were the Daughters of Night or Nyx, if you will.
It is said that during that scene many of the audience fainted in horror of the dreaded furies.
NOTE: I edited it (a lot) to make the english translation sound better. Translation by Dr. A. W. Verrall
My own poem was inspired by this one.

Last edited:
Gad said:
I see a face in every face you drew Zshoe.. Nonetheless, beautiful as usual.
What face do you see? And thanks!

edward said:
Absolutely wonderful work zoobieshoe. I drew a turkey in 5th grade art class. It looked more like an ostrich.:cry:
Thanks much, edward. Turkey, ostrich, same difference.
Mépris said:
Those look very nice. I can't say much else, as my appreciation of art is rather limited. So, it all looks impressive to me.

I haven't read through the old thread, so maybe somebody else pointed this out, but by god, that cafe you go to is filled with incredibly good looking people or what?!
Thanks, Mepris. The interesting thing is that I'm even better looking than all my models.
Caveat said:
Sick skills. I draw as well. No so much potraits, more fanatical nonsense, street art.
Thanks, Caveat. I have some fanatical nonsense posted back on page 23.

zoobyshoe said:
What face do you see? And thanks!

If you show me a drawing I can probably tell if you drew it or not. Sure you're drawing is unique, but all the faces are familiar, or there's something common about them.. the look maybe. Is it possible that an artist is influenced by a certain person in his/her drawings?

Gad said:
If you show me a drawing I can probably tell if you drew it or not. Sure you're drawing is unique, but all the faces are familiar, or there's something common about them.. the look maybe. Is it possible that an artist is influenced by a certain person in his/her drawings?
Ah, I see what you mean. Good observation!

Yes, they're all certainly connected by the choices I make about who to draw and how to depict them. Any given artist will be unconsciously filtering that way, allowing a certain range of things in and excluding a certain range of things. And, you develop the particular technique you develop specifically to be able to render the things you find important.

So, that face you keep seeing is some core, ideal face I've conceived of without being consciously aware of it.

zoobyshoe said:
firstbatch005.jpg

That's incredible... wow I envy your ability to draw, something I wish I were capable of. Great work!

MathJakob said:
That's incredible... wow I envy your ability to draw, something I wish I were capable of. Great work!
Thanks, MathJakob!

Asteriskos
(The Little Star)

Asteriskos_zpstwgfo6go.jpg

(Thanks to Astronuc for the title. He mentioned this Greek word in Random Thoughts a while back.)

Likes davenn, Silicon Waffle, DaveC426913 and 1 other person