1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Digital Control Systems Textbook

1. May 23, 2016 #1
    Hi Guys,

I need some material to update, or, better said, to reinforce my skills in Digital Control Systems.

In the very begining I thought on "Digital Control Systems by Benjamin C. Kuo", but, after think about this, I realized that, maybe, this is an oldie for this subject.

Do you have any suggestion?

Thank you in advance.

D.

2. jcsd
  3. May 24, 2016 #2
    I have a copy of Kuo but I have not studied it in depth. Sometimes an old book is best. I used Brogan for Modern Control theory, but I do not think it covers only digital. Chen also wrote a popular textbook.

4. Jun 2, 2016 #3
    Have you ever heard about this: Digital control of dynamic systems by Franklin, Powell and Workman?

5. Jun 3, 2016 #4
    I have heard of Franklin, Powell and Naeini. I bought it bur never read a lot in it. As I remember it was probably pretty good, (or I would not have bought it). I just do not remember it.

6. Jun 3, 2016 #5
    Thank you for your message: I wrote this last message, because I read a reference about that book in an IEEE paper.
    I downloaded from the book from the web, and despite is pretty difficult to read due to the low quality of the scanning, the book looks very complete, so, I will look for an used book on Amazon.
    Thank you again

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted