Digitally Controlled Audio Splitter Switch

In summary, the conversation is about sending an intercom signal from a lobby to multiple rooms using a Raspberry Pi and a LE-D Airphone intercom substation. The user needs to be able to select any room to speak to, and there is a discussion about using the GPIO pins on the Pi to send out the signals. Options for amplification include using a DtoA or AtoD chip.
preston8
Hello,

I'm needing to send an intercom signal from a lobby to one of eight different rooms. I am creating a touch-screen interface with a Raspberry Pi under the hood that acts as an intercom. The user needs to be able to select any room they wish to speak to (even all of them at the same time). The receiving end is a LE-D Airphone intercom substation:

Manual
http://www.aiphone.com/home/assets/Uploads/downloads/documents/products/instructions/LE-D,%20LE-DA%20Instr.pdf

I'm going to use the Raspberry Pi to accept and amplify a microphone signal before sending the signal out through the 3.5mm output port to a splitter of some sort.

Are there any devices I can make or buy that would do this?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Could you use the GPIO pins on the Pi to send out your signals?
You could either to DtoA on the pi and then amplify the signals to the rooms or run the pins to an AtoD chip and then do the amplification.

1. What is a Digitally Controlled Audio Splitter Switch?

A Digitally Controlled Audio Splitter Switch is a device that allows you to connect multiple audio sources and switch between them using digital control. This means you can easily select which audio source you want to listen to without having to manually disconnect and reconnect devices.

2. How does a Digitally Controlled Audio Splitter Switch work?

A Digitally Controlled Audio Splitter Switch works by receiving digital signals from different audio sources and using a digital controller to select which signal to output. This allows for quick and easy switching between audio sources without any loss of quality.

3. What are the benefits of using a Digitally Controlled Audio Splitter Switch?

Using a Digitally Controlled Audio Splitter Switch allows for seamless switching between audio sources, eliminates the need for manual cable swapping, and can improve the overall sound quality by reducing interference and signal loss.

4. Can a Digitally Controlled Audio Splitter Switch be used with any type of audio equipment?

Most Digitally Controlled Audio Splitter Switches are designed to work with a variety of audio equipment, including speakers, headphones, and home theater systems. However, it is important to check the specifications and compatibility of the switch with your specific audio equipment before purchasing.

5. Is a Digitally Controlled Audio Splitter Switch easy to set up and use?

Yes, a Digitally Controlled Audio Splitter Switch is typically easy to set up and use. Most switches come with clear instructions and can be connected to your audio equipment using standard cables. The digital control makes it simple to switch between audio sources with just the push of a button.

Back