Dimension of <xn,tn|xn-1,tn-1>

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter einstein1921
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Dimension
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
einstein1921
Messages
76
Reaction score
0
HI! Everyone!I have a problem! I read sakurai's <modern quantum mechanics>.It reads the dimension of <xn,tn|xn-1,tn-1> is 1/length.I DON'T understand!would you like to give me some explanations? thank you!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
What don't you understand - it's saying that if you did a dimensional analysis on that thing it would come up with 1/L

Note - you can write in the subscripts in two ways:

<xn,tn|xn-1,tn-1>

or

[itex]\langle x_n , t_n \mid x_{n-1}, t_{n-1} \rangle[/itex]

the second one is best. (assuming you meant the subscripts...)
hit the "quote" button at the bottom of this reply to see what I did.
 
Simon Bridge said:
What don't you understand - it's saying that if you did a dimensional analysis on that thing it would come up with 1/L

Note - you can write in the subscripts in two ways:

<xn,tn|xn-1,tn-1>

or

[itex]\langle x_n , t_n \mid x_{n-1}, t_{n-1} \rangle[/itex]

the second one is best. (assuming you meant the subscripts...)
hit the "quote" button at the bottom of this reply to see what I did.

Thank you ,Simon.I don't understand why the dimension is 1/length.Could you please did a dimensional analysis for me?
 
Simon Bridge said:
What does the state vector [itex]| x,t \rangle[/itex] represent?

at time t,particle localize x! I think dimension is length.so I need help. Thank you!