Dirac Propagator: Learn to Reach 8.2

In summary, the conversation is about someone trying to figure out how to get to 8.2 and asking for help. They mention applying the derivative to the integrand and eventually figure out the answer with the help of others. They also mention their difficulty with understanding the derivation process in physics books.
Ayoub Tamin
TL;DR Summary
I looked for details in every book but they'all say we can easily write
wanna know how to get to 8.2

Attachments

• Sans titre.png
    Sans titre.png
    8.1 KB · Views: 164
Physics news on Phys.org
Ayoub Tamin said:
Summary:: I looked for details in every book but they'all say we can easily write

wanna know how to get to 8.2
Did you try applying the derivative to the integrand? It directly gives the answer.

• Informative
Likes SergioPL and Ayoub Tamin
nrqed said:
Did you try applying the derivative to the integrand? It directly gives the answer.
I did apply the derivative of time only, can u put more details please?

Is it too much to ask that you write more? (and to use real words, unlike "please" and "wanna") We're trying to help you, but you seem resistant to telling us what you're doing and where you are stuck.

• Sad
Likes nrqed and Ayoub Tamin
Vanadium 50 said:
Is it too much to ask that you write more? (and to use real words, unlike "please" and "wanna") We're trying to help you, but you seem resistant to telling us what you're doing and where you are stuck.
sorry, I just read the rules here, I'm kinda new it won't happen again.

But you're still not telling us what you are doing and where you are stuck!

I tried to apply the derivative again and I got the answer now. thank you all and sorry for the messed up thread.

I miss this type of explanations in the physics books because even for people not especially strong at maths this derivation will be doable but, what if you first try to do other things to figure out the derivation, you may end losing a lot of time in the process of understanding it.

1. What is the Dirac propagator?

The Dirac propagator is a mathematical expression used in quantum field theory to describe the probability amplitude for a particle to propagate from one point to another in spacetime.

2. How is the Dirac propagator used in physics?

The Dirac propagator is used to calculate the probability of a particle's position and momentum at a given time, as well as to predict the behavior of particles in quantum field theory.

3. What is the significance of reaching 8.2 in the Dirac propagator?

Reaching 8.2 in the Dirac propagator refers to the ability to accurately calculate the probability amplitude for a particle to propagate from one point to another in spacetime with a precision of up to 8.2 decimal places. This level of precision is important in making accurate predictions in quantum field theory.

4. How can one learn to reach 8.2 in the Dirac propagator?

To learn to reach 8.2 in the Dirac propagator, one must have a strong understanding of quantum field theory and its mathematical concepts. It also requires practice and familiarity with various techniques and methods used in calculating the propagator.

5. Can the Dirac propagator be applied to other fields of science?

Yes, the Dirac propagator can be applied to other fields of science, such as quantum mechanics and particle physics, where it is used to calculate the probability of a particle's position and momentum at a given time. It can also be applied in engineering and technology, where quantum mechanics plays a crucial role.