wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
- 4,411
- 552
I had a vic 20, or was it a mick 40.
They were commonly refred to a "lugable" not exactly a laptop.Evo said:Is it a museum piece?http://www.vintage-computer.com/compaq_portable.shtml
It's a "portable" computer.
![]()
I know every time I see that bathing suit pic of you on the beach in Hawaii, I think it's me.Tsu said:Don't mean to hijack this thread, but GOOD GOD - Sis, our legs are SO identical! I swear - it's like looking at my very own legs attached to a PREGNANT BODY! And I've never had kids, so you can imagine what a shocker THAT is...![]()
Uhm, no.OK. Sorry. Back to the computer... Those recipes you spent so much time typing into it... can you still access those?![]()
At the first company at which I worked out of grad school, I walked into the 'computer room' during the interview. IBM XT and AT. Not even networked. I thought Oh, Sh!#! Well they did upgrade to 1200 baud modem - over a NYNEX line. We used time sharing on a mainframe in Dallas. I can't tell you how often I had to resend or re-retrieve a deck that got boogered up due to the noise on the phone line. And one of the clients wanted to know why we did so many runs. Spurious characters.Tsu said:... can you still access those?![]()
Evo said:I know every time I see that bathing suit pic of you on the beach in Hawaii, I think it's me.
Oh and you remember the little neighborhood boy, Vermin. I looked like a barrel on toothpicks. So he goes over to my husband and say's "hey mister, your wife is really fat".
Uhm, no.![]()
Evo said:This is me, 9 months pregnant with the Spawn.
![]()
I don't know, it could be worth the same todaycyrusabdollahi said:According to wiki, that bad boy cost $2999 bucks new in 83!
It's a good thing computer prices have gone down![]()