Two ways to find the force constant of a rubber band with 100g, stopwatch, and meter stick

  • Thread starter Thread starter jtm
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Vibrations
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
jtm
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
Describe two different ways to determine the force constant of a rubber band only a 100g mass, a stopwatch, and a meter stick.

I don't really understand what its asking but I don't have many formulas to choose from so I don't really know where to begin. I have like f = 1/T y = A * cos (2pi/T * delta T) etc... T = 2pi * sqrt(m/k) and F = -kx. Is it referring to the force constant or SPRING constant? Can someone give me a hint? It should be very easy but I'm having a really hard time here :cry:
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I think that the 'force constant' is referring to the 'spring constant'. If this is the case you can use two of your formula's above.
 
jtm said:
T = 2pi * sqrt(m/k) and F = -kx?

They're the one's :smile: