Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Aerospace Do Aerospace Engineers Work with Physicists?

1. Jun 26, 2011 #1
    My question is basically for any type of engineer that works for an Aerospace company.

Do you work with many physicists?

I've recently become very interested in the growing commercial space industry, so I've been researching ways to insert myself into it. I'm a rising senior undergraduate majoring in Physics and Math. Unfortunately, I don't even have close to enough time to switch to a Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering major at this point.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 17, 2011 #2
    I'm not in the best position to give you a definitive answer, but since noone else has posted yet i'll just say this.
    I'm sure Aerospace engineering goes hand in hand with alot of different aspects of physics.

4. Jul 25, 2011 #3
    Some topics like Cellestial Mechanics, Fluid Mechanics would come handy.

But everything would depend on whether your topic of interest comes close to any sub-branch and also if it requires theorotical rigour.

5. Jul 25, 2011 #4
    I read somewhere that corporations often have physicists working with aerospace engineers for whatever purpose they had in mind. I don't remember where I read this so take it with a grain of salt

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook