Shouldn't do aerospace engineering

In summary, the conversation discusses the individual's interest in pursuing Aerospace engineering and asks for advice from those currently in the field. The individual is a high school junior and is passionate about physics, math, and science, with a particular interest in air crafts and NASA. The conversation also mentions considering other engineering majors and inquires about the potential pay. The response advises taking time to explore different engineering programs and speaking with professors before making a decision. Overall, the conversation encourages pursuing Aerospace engineering and highlights the industry's need for young and enthusiastic engineers.
zaboda42
So I'm thinking of going into Aerospace engineering but have no idea if i will enjoy it. I'm a junior in high school and enjoy physics/math/science A LOT. Air crafts interest me, especially the whole NASA thing. For anyone in Aerospace now, do you find it intriguing? What aspects are "fun" about it? If you think i shouldn't do aerospace engineering, what other engineering major is "better?"

Also, what's the pay ;)

Physics news on Phys.org

You're a long way from having to make this decision. The first 3-4 semesters of any university engineering program are the same. If I were you, I'd apply to schools for whichever kind of engineering has the highest rate of admission there (literally). Then I'd spend some time talking to professors in various departments, and come back to this decision in a couple of years, right before the classes start diverging.

- Warren

Go for it. You have plenty of time but the industry needs young enthusiastic engineers like you =]

1. Why shouldn't I do aerospace engineering?

Aerospace engineering requires a strong foundation in mathematics, physics, and engineering principles. If you are not interested in these subjects or struggle with them, it may not be the right career path for you.

2. Is aerospace engineering a difficult field of study?

Yes, aerospace engineering is a challenging field of study. It requires a lot of hard work, dedication, and critical thinking skills. However, with passion and determination, it can be a rewarding and fulfilling career.

3. Are there any job opportunities in aerospace engineering?

Yes, there are many job opportunities in aerospace engineering, including positions in research and development, design, manufacturing, and testing. Aerospace engineering is a growing field with advances in technology and space exploration.

4. Can I do aerospace engineering if I am not good at physics?

A strong understanding of physics is essential for aerospace engineering. If you struggle with physics, it may be challenging to excel in this field. However, with dedication and hard work, you can improve your skills and succeed in aerospace engineering.

5. Is aerospace engineering a good career choice?

Aerospace engineering can be a rewarding and exciting career for those with a passion for science and technology. It offers opportunities to work on groundbreaking projects and contribute to advancements in the field of aerospace. However, it may not be the right choice for everyone, so it is important to carefully consider your interests and skills before pursuing this career path.