1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Do I need the special areospace or aeronautic degrees?

1. Aug 19, 2012 #1
    Do I need the special "areospace" or "aeronautic" degrees?

I've been thinking about going to a local college that has a very good engineering and physics department and was wondering if I needed the specific areospace or aeronautic engeneering titles or do I just need mechanical engineering or electrical or something I haven't considered?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 20, 2012 #2

fss

Re: Do I need the special "areospace" or "aeronautic" degrees?

Depends on what you want to do.

4. Aug 20, 2012 #3

At this point, all I know is, I either want to go into physics or engineering, beyond that, I haven't decided yet. I honestly don't know my career options with either degrees. Where would be the best place to find out?

5. Aug 20, 2012 #4

fss

http://www.aps.org/ , probably.

6. Aug 21, 2012 #5

AlephZero

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

If you don't have much idea what you want to do, I would go for one of the big "generai" branches like mechanical or electrical engineering.

Don't get the wrong idea that you "need" an aero eng degree to work in aerospace. There are many MEs and EE's there.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook