1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Do I need to use trig and is the 10 centimeters an angle

1. Feb 9, 2006 #1
    :surprised A bullet is fired through a board 10 cm thick in such a way that the bullets line of motion is perpendicular to the face of the board. If the initial speed of the bullet is 400 m/s and it emerges from the other side with a speed of 300 m/s. what is the accelaeration of the bullet as it passes throught the board and the total time it takes to pass through the board?:rolleyes: :rolleyes: ]

]

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 9, 2006 #2
    No, you do not, and no. 10 centimeters are 10 hundredths of a meter which is the primary metric unit of length.

4. Feb 10, 2006 #3

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

As Atomos indicated, make sure units have the same basis MKS or cgs. One has distance, and velocity before and after that distance. There is a particular equation concerning that relationship.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?