Do International Students Need Letters of Recommendation?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
EddieCrash
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Most schools in North America need letters of recomendation, do international students need to also submit them?

4 schools I will apply: Canada's UBC (Yeah-- Vanqver -- I like citi libraries, so many, really like it). Michigan State, Sandiego, Berkeley. (I will add or omit some after you give me more advice. I like a gene pool with diversity to be admitted, straight before me the fact of life, we are human.)

What do you think ?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
The rules for admission do not distinguish between international and non-international students other than legal, visa matters. So if letters of recomendations are required, they are required no matter who you are.

Zz.
 
More or less, yes. International students usually pay bigger application fee, which is at UBC something like $120 for int. students - that's why I brought it up. Not that only this fee is relativiley (or ridiculouslly) high (considering other schools), they also have minimum for subject GRE which is 850, which is a really unique case as far as I can tell. So, Eddie, keep in mind these numbers :smile: .