Do you agree with the use of sodium fluoride?

  • Topic: Medical 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Yadama
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Sodium
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Yadama
Messages
4
Reaction score
5
So I just finished my chemistry homework and was going through my answers and googling them to learn more about them. I got to sodium fluoride and I already knew it was that stuff dentists put on your teeth and that it wasn't to good for you. I read that it has some advantages like preventing cavities, but is also used as a stomach poison for insects. I also read that in large doses it can cause stomach ulcers and is lethal at around 5-10 grams for a 150-ish pound human(toxic to inhale too).

So I want to know what your opinions are on the subject, do you agree with the use of sodium fluoride?
 
Biology news on Phys.org