Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Do you deserve your high school diploma?

1. Jul 14, 2010 #1

Evo

Staff: Mentor

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 14, 2010 #2

turbo

Gold Member

85-100% You must be an autodidact, because American high schools don't get scores that high! Good show, old chap!

Thank you for scoring highly on this quiz, there is sweet hope for the future. If you did not score high, please join the Volunteer for Human Extinction Movement. Either way, share your results with your friends so they can take this quiz and test their knowledge!
    "Do you deserve your high school diploma?" was created by was created by ????

4. Jul 14, 2010 #3
    You paid attention during 89% of high school!

85-100% You must be an autodidact, because American high schools don't get scores that high! Good show, old chap!

To the best of my memory, I paid attention during 0% of high school.

5. Jul 14, 2010 #4

DaveC426913

Gold Member

Well... 68%. At least I was paying attention...

6. Jul 14, 2010 #5
    I went to college in grade 11. . . now what?

7. Jul 14, 2010 #6
    79%. I can't be expected to know about the US, can I?

8. Jul 14, 2010 #7
    I got 74%.
    Immaculate conception was the conception of Mary? I thought the baby is conceived, not the mother.

9. Jul 14, 2010 #8

Evo

I don't know why they had a religious question. I got it right because I remembered a sentence from a movie.

10. Jul 14, 2010 #9
    It's literature, just like the Shakespeare question.

11. Jul 14, 2010 #10
    Cubism isn't gone over in my high school unless you took Spanish 2, in which it was referenced on like one page when talking about Picasso. It is a bit obvious though. I laughed at the rubik's cube reference.
    The religion question was pretty dumb.
    I haven't learned about the Renaissance or grammar since middle school (they were easy questions though).
    As far as I know, not many high schools read Othello, Twelth Night, or Antony and Cleopatra.

12. Jul 14, 2010 #11
    You paid attention during 89% of high school!

Wow, I guess I do deserve my high school diploma. Not sure I could prove that I deserve my BS though. :tongue:

Yeah, it's weird. What's weirder is that I never learned this in high school. I just happen to know it for some random reason. I have no idea why this was on the test.

13. Jul 14, 2010 #12

turbo

Gold Member

I got 100%, in part because of my love of trivia. The religious question was a no-brainer. Get brought up French-Catholic and you'd have had that one drummed into you.

14. Jul 14, 2010 #13

DaveC426913

Gold Member

I think I did so badly because I got the first two questions wrong. :sadface:

15. Jul 14, 2010 #14

Office_Shredder

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

How does it know my age and gender when I open the link?!?!?

16. Jul 14, 2010 #15

Evo

LOL. I think turbo and I got extra points for being old.

Almost every answer I got was due to either reading it on PF or in a tv documentary.

17. Jul 14, 2010 #16

turbo

Gold Member

Because you have taken another poll on the same site.

18. Jul 14, 2010 #17

Office_Shredder

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I got 89%. I don't remember how I knew that the Immaculate Conception referred to Mary, that's just one of those things that I know is a trick question when people ask about it.

I got the cubism and the Shakespeare questions wrong. It took me a second to think about the Columbus one... everyone knows he left in 1492, but when did he arrive? Not so obvious, but then I remembered it takes about 2 months to make the trip and he left around the expulsion of the Jews which was in the summertime. So I guess high school history helped me answer that one

19. Jul 14, 2010 #18

Evo

the answer to the columbus one was false, being a trick question.

false - Columbus never landed in North America.

20. Jul 14, 2010 #19
    She conceived, he was conceived. How is that question a reasonable one?

21. Jul 14, 2010 #20
    89%

some of these don't seem like high school questions, tho. also, shakespeare should not be taught at all.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook