Do you think writing in cursive is going out of style?

• Thread starter ehrenfest
  • Start date

I try to always write in cursive... it is so pretty!

Good penmenship is important... I don't think cursive should be done away with.

Here's an example of my writing from some of my text book notes.

I guess I use a mixture of both since I spotted a few cursive s letters and all my f's g's and y's are cursive.
You have very nice writting! It's very ledgable. By the looks of it, I would guess you are a lefty?

I do tend to write with a mixture, but it also looks pretty crappy, too.

Kurdt
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member

You have very nice writting! It's very ledgable. By the looks of it, I would guess you are a lefty?

I do tend to write with a mixture, but it also looks pretty crappy, too.
No, I'm a right-hander. :smile:

Wow, I think it kinda looks like you have the slight slant of a lefty, lol.

Very nice though :biggrin:

Ouabache
Science Advisor
Homework Helper

I wonder why the "t" at the end of the word "arrangement" is different from all other t's. It looks phony to me, an affectation. I never learned that style of "t" either. I can only identify it as being a "t" from the context in the word.
I caught that too. I was looking for more words that may end in "t" but didn't see any more examples. I make my "t" all the same way (none like theirs), but I have seen this kind before.

Here's another thing that I have never seen before. The way the writer makes any "r" that follows a mid-line letter, such as "wr", is different from any "r" that follows a base-line letter, such as "ir". I was never taught that.
Good call, I didn't notice that before. That midline concept implies the writer's "r" in "br" would be like their "wr".

I used to rewrite all my notes. I'm a freak I know.
not at all. i think there's something to it. it enhances learning. both the rewriting process, and clear text is easier to process.

G01
Homework Helper
Gold Member

What I've noticed a lot of people do (myself included) is sort of a mix between cursive and print.
I fall into this category myself. Unfortunately, both my handwriting and printing is comepletly illegible!:rolleyes:

I fall into this category myself. Unfortunately, both my handwriting and printing is comepletly illegible!:rolleyes:
I also do some kind of a mix but mostly printing...cursive for familiar info and printing for everything else. I've always taken a lot of notes...don't want to remember all of the details (business deals not science)...but it is necessary to gather all of the details at a later date...if I don't print...I can't understand my own notes without a lot of effort.