Doctor just told me I have pneumonia

• Thread starter JamesU
  • Start date
JamesU
Gold Member
The doctor just told me I have pneumonia. So of course, I have to miss school, which means that I am also missing homwork assignments. So now I'll have all these assignments whenever I get back to school that I have to make up...:grumpy:

[/rant]

Answers and Replies

Kurdt
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Thats unfortunate. I hope you get better soon, and you know theres always a physics forums for homeworks help :wink:

Evo
Mentor
yomamma said:
The doctor just told me I have pneumonia. So of course, I have to miss school, which means that I am also missing homwork assignments. So now I'll have all these assignments whenever I get back to school that I have to make up...:grumpy:

[/rant]
<Pours hot chicken soup into yomamma's computer>

REST!!! I hope you're not feeling too bad.

If you're going to be out of school for at least a week, your parents can ask the school to put all of your assignments together so you can do them at home.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Feel better!

And, yeah, if you're going to be stuck home anyway, might as well have your teachers send home your assignments. If some of your books are still at school, you can have them picked up too.

Don't worry, homwork isn't fun anyway. Just kidding! You may as well do your schoolwork so you can keep up. Best of luck!

Awww hope you feel better soon.

Mk
What's peh-no-monia? A disease that gives you extra homework?? I hope I don't get it!

You might want to try this:
http://www.mucinex.com/

It is sold over the counter..check with your Doc first. My Doc recommeded it.

Wow, you are a nerd!!!!!! When I was your age I was riding bikes and playing video games all day, homework never came into the picture :smile:

JamesU
Gold Member
mattmns said:
Wow, you are a nerd!!!!!! When I was your age I was riding bikes and playing video games all day, homework never came into the picture :smile:
maybe so, my mom say she'll go pick up the assignments every morning:uhh: :rofl:

But the school says that 10 absences per semester or you can get dropped from an honors level class:confused: I din't think they're going to do that though

10 classes, does public school even have 10 straight days before there's some form of a holiday/teacher off day/take your child to work day/election day?

I bet in those ten days you missed a whole 2 hours total of homework...kick back and relax.

My high school has the same 10 day policy. However, it only opens up the possibility for the teacher to drop you. None of my friends have ever been dropped, even after having missed 15+ days in one semester.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Usually those types of policies apply to unexcused absences, or reasons other than being sick (like your parents deciding to pull you out of school for a family vacation, and scheduling all your doctor/dentist check-ups during school hours when you could have made apointments after school hours), not legitimate illnesses. As long as you're conscientous about making up the missed work, if you're really sick as you are, they'll usually cut you some slack on such policies, unless they really think you've missed far too much to catch up.

Official policy in the Peoria school district is 5 unexcused absences or 10 excused absences/any combination of the two.