Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Doctor just told me I have pneumonia

1. Sep 13, 2006 #1

JamesU

Gold Member

The doctor just told me I have pneumonia. So of course, I have to miss school, which means that I am also missing homwork assignments. So now I'll have all these assignments whenever I get back to school that I have to make up...:grumpy:

[/rant]

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 13, 2006 #2

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Thats unfortunate. I hope you get better soon, and you know theres always a physics forums for homeworks help :wink:

4. Sep 13, 2006 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

<Pours hot chicken soup into yomamma's computer>

REST!!! I hope you're not feeling too bad.

If you're going to be out of school for at least a week, your parents can ask the school to put all of your assignments together so you can do them at home.

5. Sep 13, 2006 #4

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Feel better!

And, yeah, if you're going to be stuck home anyway, might as well have your teachers send home your assignments. If some of your books are still at school, you can have them picked up too.

6. Sep 13, 2006 #5
    Don't worry, homwork isn't fun anyway. Just kidding! You may as well do your schoolwork so you can keep up. Best of luck!

7. Sep 13, 2006 #6
    Awww hope you feel better soon.

8. Sep 13, 2006 #7

Mk

What's peh-no-monia? A disease that gives you extra homework?? I hope I don't get it!

9. Sep 13, 2006 #8
    You might want to try this:
    http://www.mucinex.com/

It is sold over the counter..check with your Doc first. My Doc recommeded it.

10. Sep 13, 2006 #9
    Wow, you are a nerd!!!!!! When I was your age I was riding bikes and playing video games all day, homework never came into the picture :smile:

11. Sep 13, 2006 #10

JamesU

Gold Member

maybe so, my mom say she'll go pick up the assignments every morning:uhh: :rofl:

But the school says that 10 absences per semester or you can get dropped from an honors level class:confused: I din't think they're going to do that though

12. Sep 13, 2006 #11
    10 classes, does public school even have 10 straight days before there's some form of a holiday/teacher off day/take your child to work day/election day?

I bet in those ten days you missed a whole 2 hours total of homework...kick back and relax.

13. Sep 13, 2006 #12
    My high school has the same 10 day policy. However, it only opens up the possibility for the teacher to drop you. None of my friends have ever been dropped, even after having missed 15+ days in one semester.

14. Sep 13, 2006 #13

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Usually those types of policies apply to unexcused absences, or reasons other than being sick (like your parents deciding to pull you out of school for a family vacation, and scheduling all your doctor/dentist check-ups during school hours when you could have made apointments after school hours), not legitimate illnesses. As long as you're conscientous about making up the missed work, if you're really sick as you are, they'll usually cut you some slack on such policies, unless they really think you've missed far too much to catch up.

15. Sep 13, 2006 #14
    Official policy in the Peoria school district is 5 unexcused absences or 10 excused absences/any combination of the two.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?