Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Donnie Darko

1. Apr 29, 2003 #1
    I just saw this movie. Anyone else see it and want to comment on it? I thought it was awesome. Very thought provoking. I recommend it, however give some leeway with physics brought up.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 29, 2003 #2
    That movie rocks, especially the second time around when you're trying to figure everything out. Did you get the DVD? The deleted scenes clarified a bunch of things for me, like the guy in the creepy rabbit mask being his sister's friend that got killed.

4. Apr 29, 2003 #3
    That was a most excellent movie. I really enjoyed it. I like the surreality of it all, and it makes you think how the little choices in life can make huge differences in your future. Freaky.

5. Apr 29, 2003 #4
    Ah no :frown: but now it's a reason to rent it again! :smile:

The donnie darko website is pretty neat. It's like a puzzle game and it also clears the plot up alot. Also I went to imdb.com and looked through the darko message board. Otherwise I would have been lost to what really happened. However, I like how things are open to interpretation.

6. Apr 29, 2003 #5
    I've never heard of Donnie Darko. What's it rated?

7. Apr 29, 2003 #6
    I may be the only person on earth who saw that movie and didn't like it. Maybe its because I had to watch it in black&white.

8. Apr 29, 2003 #7
    I've got it on DVD...it is now one of my favorite movies!

9. Apr 30, 2003 #8
    You Lucky Swine...

10. Apr 30, 2003 #9

Another God

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

never heard of it

11. Apr 30, 2003 #10
    I thought it was an amazing film, rented it out on video whilst a mate had a few people round. Me and my friend pick (alphagoat from old physics forums) thought it was amazing but the stupid females that watched it with us didnt understand it and because they didnt understand it decided that it was ****. but it is an amazing film definelty recomend watching it.

12. May 1, 2003 #11
    donnie darko is one of the best films i've ever EVER seen, and the music is so good. first time i saw it, well afterwards, i just sat there with my friend in silence, there's not much you can say after such an experience, i had tears running down my face but didn't really know why, now whenever i hear 'mad world' i get all teary. but possibly one of the funniest moments in cinema that i will never forget, when the jim cunningham guy is doing the seminar and donnie is abusing him, "yeah i'm scared and confused and i spose i don't have any answers (or something vaguely similar), but you know what? i think you're the f***ing antichrist!" oh god *rolls around floor screaming with laughter*

13. May 20, 2003 #12
    my god donnie darko is one of my absolute fav films, the plot and how twists round is excellent, and really makes you think about things

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?