Drawing a Free Body Diagram for Drainpipe in Forklift

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
Specimen
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
1. Hmm, I need to draw a Free Body Diagram for the picture posted below.



2. No relevant equations. Just a geometric diagram.



3. I've done what I think it could be using help from Wikipedia.

Could someone tell me if its right? Am I missing any other forces? The original object is a drainpipe held in the tines of a fork lift.

Thanks!
 
Attachments
  • Object.JPG
    Object.JPG
    15.2 KB · Views: 473
  • Attempt.JPG
    Attempt.JPG
    14.6 KB · Views: 477
Physics news on Phys.org
You have drawn only one normal force. Also, without the ring, the diagram is confusing, especially because we need to see the points where the ring is touching the two surfaces. Theta is not shown explicitly in the diagram. And what's the rectangle?

Freebody doesn't strictly imply nobody...