1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Dual Degree - Computer Science & Biomedical Engineering?

1. May 5, 2012 #1
    Hey everyone,
    I am currently pursuing a BS in Computer Science and am about half way through. I am really enjoying the program and want to finish it. I have also taken an interest in Biomedical Engineering and was considering starting on a BS in this area after I finished my degree in Computer Science.
    I was wondering if anyone knew if it would be beneficial at all for me to have a Degree in Computer Science and Biomedical Engineering? My ideal job would be to work in the field Research and Development somehow.
    Any comments are appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Tommy

2. jcsd
  3. May 5, 2012 #2

fss

Not really sure why you'd want to get two Bachelor's degrees. Just double major or something.

4. May 5, 2012 #3
    The school I'm going to now doesn't offer the Biomedical degree. I suppose I could transfer to one of the other schools I'm looking at though. Really my question is how much of a benefit would there be to having a degree in Computer Science and Biomedical Engineering? Like would I be more marketable in a certain field of Biomedical Engineering or should I just focus on one and possibly go for a masters instead?
    Thanks,
    Tommy

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook