Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Ductwork surface area calculation problem

1. Apr 25, 2012 #1
    Hello,

I have a major in economics and I am creating an excel spreadsheet for quotations of sheet metal ductwork as my final thesis. I need to calculate weights for various types of ductwork produced in the company I chose for my thesis. In order to calculate weight, I need to know the surface area of ductwork parts. For many parts (pipes, elbows,etc.) I have figured out the formula for surface area myself, resp. found it on the internet. But there are some pieces I am not able to figure out how to get the surface area based on the input parameters.

You will find the pictures of the parts in the pdf attachment for which I need to get the formula for calculation of the surface area (in metric units). I would be very thankful if anyone of you could help me with finding the correct formulas.

Thank you very much for your time, help and effort.

Sincerely,

Tibor

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 25, 2012 #2

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook