Duplicate Mir Books at Good Bargain - Interested?

• Other
  • Thread starter discoversci
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Books
In summary, these are the Mir books that are available for sale:Fadeev, Nikulin, Sokolovsky - Elements of higher MathematicsV.A. Fock - Fundamentals of Quantum MechanicsG.N. Yakovlev - High school mathematics (vol I & II)Potapov, Aleksandrov, Pasichenko - Algebra and Analysis of Elementary Functions Listed for charityA.J. Prilepko - Problem book for high school mathematicsDanko Popov Kozhevnikova - Higher mathematics in Problems and Exercises (I&II)Frolkin, Popov - Pulse circuitsA. Kitaigorodsky -
discoversci
Hi. I'm not sure, but if I may, I have some Mir books that are duplicates in my library. Anyone interested in having them for a good bargain ?

Physics news on Phys.org
Most MIR books are available free as files on the web. Since they cover a very wide range of topics it might help if you gave the titles and identified your nation or state.

Likes Pi-is-3 and Wrichik Basu
I believe there are many individuals who are collectors of Mir titles - hardcover books, not just files. My personal library has 174 Mir titles all related to math and physics - all hardcover books. I presume that there are others who also care to have hardcover as well. BTW: files that you can find online are frequently of bad quality. I've seen some on archive.org. Anyway, if anyone is interested, these are my duplicates:

Fadeev, Nikulin, Sokolovsky - Elements of higher Mathematics
V.A. Fock - Fundamentals of Quantum Mechanics
G.N. Yakovlev - High school mathematics (vol I & II)
Potapov, Aleksandrov, Pasichenko - Algebra and Analysis of Elementary Functions Listed for charity
A.J. Prilepko - Problem book for high school mathematics
Danko Popov Kozhevnikova - Higher mathematics in Problems and Exercises (I&II)
Frolkin, Popov - Pulse circuits
A. Kitaigorodsky - Introduction to physics
Budak, Fomin - Multiple integrals, field theory and series
Zeveke Ionkin Netushil - Analysis of electric circuits

All are clean with no underlinings/highlightings in the text (I personally hate, if books are marred with notes). Very good condition.

P.S. I live in EU.

Likes Lnewqban and ognjen30
discoversci said:
I believe there are many individuals who are collectors of Mir titles - hardcover books, not just files. My personal library has 174 Mir titles all related to math and physics - all hardcover books. I presume that there are others who also care to have hardcover as well. BTW: files that you can find online are frequently of bad quality. I've seen some on archive.org. Anyway, if anyone is interested, these are my duplicates:

Potapov, Aleksandrov, Pasichenko - Algebra and Analysis of Elementary Functions Listed for charity

All are clean with no underlinings/highlightings in the text (I personally hate, if books are marred with notes). Very good condition.

P.S. I live in EU.
I am interested sir
please contact me

<< Personal information redacted by Mentors -- please contact via private message if desired >>

Last edited by a moderator:
discoversci said:

P.S. I live in EU.
Hi - I need both the Yakovlev books - Can you quote a price. I’m from India, and need them for my kid.

Bharat M said:
Hi - I need both the Yakovlev books - Can you quote a price. I’m from India, and need them for my kid.
Hello,
All the books are long gone. But yes, those two are awesome. I gave them away about a year ago. Sorry, but seems you are simply too late :) I know, Mir publishers are hard to get...

bookfinder.com is just another Amazon's owned system - of course, what doesn't belong to Amazon these days, anyway ? I found the info there not being of particular use, due to its limited sources... Many times, I've found books faster using manual search. Plain old Google search, using smart - "trageting" keywords. That's MHO.

archive.org has actually a lot of copyright infringement, which is actually quite odd, since US are, by and large, pedantic on copyrights. Also MHO.

discoversci said:
archive.org has actually a lot of copyright infringement, which is actually quite odd, since US are, by and large, pedantic on copyrights.
The state owned MIR publisher is a parallel to the USA convention that public money = creates public ownership.

MIR authors were employed and paid a salary by the state. The Old MIR books from before the breakup of the USSR were, and still are the property of the people of the USSR, no matter what nation those people may now be a part.

If the USA fragmented into several separate nations, US Government work that was in the public domain before the breakup, would remain in the public domain after the breakup.

So the public money from USSR spent to produce state of the art books, implies that now rest of the world "owns" every content ? Isn't the Russia "the bad guy" these days ? At least for EU and USA ? McCarthyism is back, according to wannabe media hosues like CNN ;) If anything is wrong in the world, blame Russia. If it rains, blame Russia. If it snows... blame Russia. If some good books come out of Russia, then... well, keep quiet and just take them :D I rest my case :)

You demonstrate an inability to think rationally with your head filled with such polemic.
discoversci said:
So the public money from USSR spent to produce state of the art books, implies that now rest of the world "owns" every content ?
NO. You misrepresent the situation to justify your political diatribe. This has nothing to do with Russia today. It has everything to do with the USSR of the past.
The rest of the world does not "own" or control old USSR books. We simply have free use of them, just as MIR and the USSR Government originally intended. They are in the public domain, as are many USA Government publications funded by public money.

Thanks for clearing that out ;)

Related to Duplicate Mir Books at Good Bargain - Interested?

1. What is the price of the duplicate Mir books?

The price of the duplicate Mir books at Good Bargain varies depending on the condition and rarity of the books. However, they are generally offered at a discounted price compared to other retailers.

2. Are the duplicate Mir books in good condition?

Yes, the duplicate Mir books at Good Bargain are in good condition. They have been carefully inspected and are free from major damages or missing pages.

3. Can I find rare or out-of-print Mir books at Good Bargain?

Yes, Good Bargain often has a selection of rare or out-of-print Mir books in their duplicate collection. However, availability may vary and cannot be guaranteed.

4. Do I need to be a scientist to purchase the duplicate Mir books?

No, anyone can purchase the duplicate Mir books at Good Bargain. They are not limited to scientists and are available to the general public.

5. Is there a limit to how many duplicate Mir books I can purchase?

There is no set limit, but the availability of the duplicate Mir books may vary. It is recommended to purchase them as soon as possible if you are interested in a specific title.