Dynamics of Machines - Forced Vibration

In summary, A student is seeking help with solving a problem asked in a university exam. They have completed most of the problem but are struggling with the last question which involves finding the force exerted by a spring and dashpot on a motor. They ask for assistance and offer to share their work and theory for better understanding.
Athi Sankar
Summary: I need a help to solve problem asked in university exam

Forced Vibration.png

I am looking for the answer for the above question. I solved almost except the last one "Force exerted by the spring and dashpot on the motor".
Can anyone help me to find out the answer for it

Physics news on Phys.org
Can you please show us the work you've done on this question so far? Then we should be able to help you finish it off. Thanks.

I have attached the image file. i am looking for the answer for last question.
do i share the theory behind this to get better visibility of equations

Attachments

• Page 1.jpg
    Page 1.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 190
  • Page 2.jpg
    Page 2.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 179
Likes berkeman

1. What is forced vibration?

Forced vibration is the phenomenon where a machine or structure is subjected to a continuous or periodic external force, causing it to vibrate at a specific frequency.

2. How is forced vibration different from natural vibration?

Natural vibration occurs when a machine or structure vibrates at its own natural frequency without any external force applied. Forced vibration, on the other hand, is caused by an external force and can occur at frequencies that are different from the natural frequency of the system.

3. What are the factors that affect forced vibration?

The factors that affect forced vibration include the frequency and amplitude of the external force, the stiffness and damping of the system, and the mass of the system.

4. How is forced vibration analyzed?

Forced vibration is analyzed using mathematical models and equations, such as the equation of motion and the frequency response function, to determine the response of the system to the external force.

5. How can forced vibration be controlled or reduced?

Forced vibration can be controlled or reduced by adjusting the stiffness and damping of the system, using vibration isolators or dampers, and implementing proper maintenance and design practices.