1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Easy rotational motion question?

1. May 1, 2006 #1
    Hey everyone,

Okay, so i'm just not sure how to solve this problem exactly and could use some kind advice.

A heavy ball is connected on the end of a light rope and undergoing rotation witha radius of X, let's say. At t= 19.3s a=10.2m/s^2. At t=7.4s what was the acceleration.

How does one go about solving this problem? Thanks in advance.
  2. jcsd
  3. May 1, 2006 #2
    Is that the entirety of the problem? There isn't enough information as it currently stands to solve this.
  4. May 1, 2006 #3
    honestly I don't remember exactly what the problem stated....but I know there wasn't much more info...what info would be needed to solve this?
  5. May 1, 2006 #4
    why do you say that daveb?
  6. May 1, 2006 #5
    I say that because the problem doesn't state whether acceleration is constant (magnitude) or varied.
  7. May 1, 2006 #6
    what if it said it started from rest? And would it be fair to say that the acceleration is NOT constant since it's asking for the acceleration at some earlier point in time? This question has baffled me a bit...
    Last edited: May 1, 2006
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?