Easy to understand books for Civil engineering mechanics

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 6K views
Riazy
Messages
30
Reaction score
0
Hi guys, I am a 1st year student in civil engineering, I must admit that I like my field program,
the thing is that some people are good at a certain thing, others struggle with it.

Okay I think I will fail my first mechanics exam. Whereas I scored well on my other exams, such as math, geodetic surveying. My other subjects of architectural town planning I gained good marks in too.

I don't know why I have a problem grasping all of it. i tried my best, but still i couldn't manage it. As I see my future career, I have a lot of opportunities to work, I don't necesserily have to pass mechanics with distinction to be considered an engineer. I am good at 3d drawings in autocad, managing drafting designs, I can measure things with help of geodesy.

But mechanics is really troublesome for me.

I think i'll be needing an idiots guide to mechanics, that is a good book in English explaining things very simple. I have tried to look in our library, but its mainly books of advanced nature(such as the once we have).

So what I need is recommendations on books in

Statics and Strength of Materials for Civil engineers - the simple way. okay in range with "the dummies series", well if there is no such thing as that, atleast there must be some easier books.

Hopefully after getting a good book, i'll make up my exam during the summer.

Thank you for a good forum.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Anyone here must know of a good mechanics book? I mean it is a physics forum, I didnt know where to ask elsewhere`?