Electric dipole antenna voltage

In summary, the person is asking for help with a problem involving a current distribution and potential. They mention needing a formula and being confused by the equations. Another person suggests finding the radiation resistance of an antenna and using the Poynting vector to determine power input.
loki4000

Homework Statement

Greetings.
Can someone give me hint how to solve following problem:
rbdvte.jpg

Homework Equations

From my understanding, you need following formula to solve problem:
200picj.gif

and then potential can be obtained by integrating over the current distribution.
But right now these foormuas really confuse me (have probem understanding what is going on in picture). So I don't understand how to find current distribution.

The Attempt at a Solution

My guess is:
potential = (int) current distribution
V = I0(z)e^iwt

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't think your suggested method is of any avail. That's for determining the strength of an e-m signal at a distance r away from the antenna.

Also: antennas have radiation resistance R. You need to come up with that resistance. You can look that up most anywhere for your half-wave dipole. You need to assume that your receiving antenna is also terminated in this resistance.

Then: you're given the B field so you can determine the E field and hence the Poynting vector which is power per unit area. So you also need to look up the effective area for your antenna.

Once you have the power input to your antenna you just go P = V^2/R to get your V.

Last edited:

1. What is an electric dipole antenna voltage?

The electric dipole antenna voltage is the potential difference between the two poles of an antenna, which are typically referred to as the positive and negative terminals. It is a measure of the electrical energy present in the antenna and is directly related to the strength of the electromagnetic signal being transmitted or received.

2. How is the voltage of an electric dipole antenna calculated?

The voltage of an electric dipole antenna can be calculated using the formula V = Ed, where V is the voltage, E is the electric field strength, and d is the distance between the two poles of the antenna. This formula assumes a uniform electric field between the poles.

3. What is the significance of the voltage in an electric dipole antenna?

The voltage of an electric dipole antenna is important because it determines the strength of the electromagnetic signal that the antenna can transmit or receive. A higher voltage means a stronger signal, which can result in better communication or reception.

4. Can the voltage of an electric dipole antenna be adjusted?

Yes, the voltage of an electric dipole antenna can be adjusted by changing the distance between the two poles, varying the electric field strength, or by adding a capacitor in the circuit. These adjustments can affect the strength and direction of the electromagnetic signal being transmitted or received.

5. How does the voltage of an electric dipole antenna affect its range?

The voltage of an electric dipole antenna is directly proportional to its range. A higher voltage results in a stronger signal, which can travel further without losing strength. However, other factors such as the antenna's height, environment, and obstacles can also affect its range.