1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Electric Field lines.

1. Feb 9, 2007 #1
    Does anyone know a good site where they show you examples of how to draw Electic Field lines?

Problem relating to it:
    a) sketch the electirc field pattern set up by a positively charged hollow sphere.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 10, 2007 #2
    bump, really need some help. I've tried googling but in vain. How can I post my pictures on here? Do I use paint and then upload it to imageshack?

4. Feb 10, 2007 #3

ranger

Gold Member

I think no one replied becuase you have no picture (attempt). What you could do is like you said, draw it in paint then upload it to imageshack or to PF as an attachment.

5. Feb 10, 2007 #4
    Alright, I've never used imageshack before lol so I'm going to try it. =]

6. Feb 10, 2007 #5
    Here's my drawing for part a). I think I drew the outside lines correct but I'm totally unsure of how to draw the inside ones.

[​IMG]

7. Feb 10, 2007 #6
    Here's a drawing for part b) A conducting cube is given a positive charge. Sketch the electric field pattern both inside and outside the cube.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Should I draw my pictures in 2d or 3d?? Can someone please tell me if I'm drawing the lines correctly? I have no idea whatsoever of how to draw the inside electric field lines. Thanks! :smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?