Electricity and magnetism (magnitude of current flowing)

In summary, we are given the area of a tube, the magnetic field created by moving ions, and the permeability of free space. We are asked to find the current flowing through the tube. We also have additional information about a 1000-turn toroidal solenoid and its central radius. By using the formula B=(μ0)(I)/(2∏)(r), we can calculate the magnitude of the magnetic field inside the solenoid at the central radius, which is 1.43x10^-8 T.
swankymotor16
If the area of a tube is 0.0000283 m, with moving ions contributing to a magnetic field of 44.0x10^-4 T. What is the current flowing through the tube? [permeability of free space 'mu subzero'= 4∏x10^-4].

I don't have a clue of how to start attacking this problem, have a genius professor, but horrible professor.

Physics news on Phys.org
swankymotor16 said:
If the area of a tube is 0.0000283 m, with moving ions contributing to a magnetic field of 44.0x10^-4 T. What is the current flowing through the tube? [permeability of free space 'mu subzero'= 4∏x10^-4].

I don't have a clue of how to start attacking this problem, have a genius professor, but horrible professor.

radius is 3.0mm

A 1000-turn toroidal solenoid has a central radius of 4.2 cm and is carrying a current of 1.7 A. What is the magnitude of the magnetic field inside the solenoid at the central radius? (μ0=4∏×10^-7 T ∙ m/A) r= 4.2cm= 0.042m

B=(μ0)(I)/(2∏)(r) ⇔ (4∏×10^-7)(1.7)/(2∏)(0.042) ⇔ 1.43x10^-8 T? Or does the 1000-turn toroidal affects in the magnetic field in some sort of a way?

1. What is the relationship between electricity and magnetism?

The relationship between electricity and magnetism is known as electromagnetism. When an electric current flows, it creates a magnetic field. Similarly, when a magnetic field changes, it can induce an electric current.

2. What is the unit of measurement for electric current?

The unit of measurement for electric current is the ampere (A). This measures the amount of electric charge that passes through a given point per second.

3. How is the magnitude of an electric current determined?

The magnitude of an electric current is determined by the amount of charge that flows through a conductor per unit time. This is measured in amperes (A) and can be calculated using the equation I = Q/t, where I is the current, Q is the charge, and t is the time.

4. What factors affect the magnitude of an electric current?

The magnitude of an electric current can be affected by several factors, including the voltage applied, the resistance of the circuit, and the type of material used as a conductor. Changes in these factors can result in an increase or decrease in the current.

5. How does the magnitude of an electric current impact the strength of a magnetic field?

The magnitude of an electric current is directly proportional to the strength of the magnetic field it creates. This means that a larger current will result in a stronger magnetic field, while a smaller current will result in a weaker magnetic field.