Electromagnetics: Vector analysis

In summary, the conversation is about a physics question that the person has solved parts (a) and (b) of, but is having trouble understanding part (c). They ask for an explanation and someone explains that part (c) is looking for a surface where a vector has magnitude equal to 1. The person eventually solves part (c) and thanks the other person for their help. They later come back to the same question and realize they have forgotten how they solved it, asking for some clarification.
rizwanibn
IItsHi.I have a problem that i am trying to solve.The complete question is shown in the image:
1387093808100.jpg

In this question i solved the (a) and (b) part.But i did'nt understand the (c) part.Can you please explain?Thank you.(Note:The answers is given beneath the question)

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
hey, welcome to physicsforums :) uh, for part c, it asks for a surface where the vector has magnitude equal to 1. For now, don't worry about whether it will make a surface or not, just think about how to find where the magnitude is equal to 1.

I've solved it.Thank you.

no worries!

Hello. .Mr.Bruce..

Looking back at the same question,i find it difficult to remember how i solved it.
Can you put some light on it.
Magnitude of S=1...?!
Thanks.

Attachments

• 1445961820280.jpg
    1445961820280.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 374
Solved it again...!
Thanks anyway...
Looking at a concept that you understood couple of years ago and seeing it now wondering how did i...?!

Whew...!

1. What is vector analysis in electromagnetics?

Vector analysis in electromagnetics is a mathematical tool used to describe the behavior and properties of electromagnetic fields. It involves the use of vectors, which are quantities that have both magnitude and direction, to represent the various components of an electromagnetic field.

2. How is vector analysis used in electromagnetics?

Vector analysis is used in electromagnetics to calculate and analyze the various parameters of an electromagnetic field, such as electric and magnetic field strengths, direction of propagation, and polarization. It is also used to solve problems involving electromagnetic waves, such as interference and diffraction.

3. What are the basic vector operations used in electromagnetics?

The basic vector operations used in electromagnetics include addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. These operations are used to manipulate the vectors representing different components of an electromagnetic field and to calculate the resulting vector quantities.

4. What are the key principles of vector analysis in electromagnetics?

The key principles of vector analysis in electromagnetics include the use of vector quantities to represent the different components of an electromagnetic field, the application of vector operations to manipulate these quantities, and the use of vector calculus to describe the behavior of electromagnetic fields.

5. How is vector analysis related to other branches of electromagnetics?

Vector analysis is closely related to other branches of electromagnetics, such as electrostatics, magnetostatics, and electromagnetic waves. It provides a mathematical framework for understanding and analyzing the behavior of these fields and is an essential tool for solving problems in these areas.