1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Electromagnetics: Vector analysis

1. Dec 15, 2013 #1
    IItsHi.I have a problem that i am trying to solve.The complete question is shown in the image: 1387093808100.jpg
    In this question i solved the (a) and (b) part.But i did'nt understand the (c) part.Can you please explain?Thank you.(Note:The answers is given beneath the question)

Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 15, 2013 #2

BruceW

Homework Helper

hey, welcome to physicsforums :) uh, for part c, it asks for a surface where the vector has magnitude equal to 1. For now, don't worry about whether it will make a surface or not, just think about how to find where the magnitude is equal to 1.

4. Dec 15, 2013 #3
    I've solved it.Thank you.

5. Dec 15, 2013 #4

BruceW

Homework Helper

no worries!

6. Oct 27, 2015 #5
    Hello. .Mr.Bruce..

Looking back at the same question,i find it difficult to remember how i solved it.
    Can you put some light on it.
    Magnitude of S=1...?!
    Thanks.

Attached Files:

7. Oct 30, 2015 #6
    Solved it again...!
    Thanks anyway...
    Looking at a concept that you understood couple of years ago and seeing it now wondering how did i....?!!

Whew....!!!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted