Electron densities of Carbon Strontium water calcium

In summary, the conversation is discussing the electron densities of Carbon, Strontium, water, and calcium. The original poster is having trouble finding this information and clarifies that they are looking for four different values, one for each element/water. However, another person points out that electron density is a three-dimensional function and not a single value, and that it is not a property of an element.
lavster
Hi,

can anyone tell me what the electron densities of Carbon Strontium water calcium are? i can't find it anywhere on the web.

Thanks

Chemistry news on Phys.org
Sorry, but I think those who are trying to help have problem getting 'Carbon Strontium water calcium' ...

I have more problems getting "electron densities".
That'd be a three-dimensional function, not a single value.

I mean what are the electron densities of Carbon, Strontium, water and calcium. ie 4 different values (one for each element/water)

cheers

Sorry, but your question still doesn't make sense. Electron density is a property of a point in space. It is not property of an element.

1. What is the electron density of carbon?

The electron density of carbon is 2.5 x 10^23 cm^-3. This means that there are 2.5 x 10^23 electrons per cm^3 of carbon.

2. How does the electron density of carbon compare to that of other elements?

Carbon has a relatively high electron density compared to other elements. For example, oxygen has an electron density of 2.2 x 10^23 cm^-3, while gold has an electron density of 5.9 x 10^22 cm^-3.

3. What is the significance of the electron density of strontium in water?

The electron density of strontium in water is important because it affects the properties of the water. Strontium ions can interact with water molecules and change the pH, conductivity, and other properties of the water.

4. How does the electron density of calcium affect its chemical reactivity?

The high electron density of calcium makes it a highly reactive element. This means that it readily forms chemical bonds with other elements, making it useful in many industrial processes and biological functions.

5. How is the electron density of water related to its structure and properties?

The electron density of water is directly related to its structure and properties. The arrangement of the electrons in the water molecule determines its shape and the strength of its hydrogen bonds, which in turn influence its physical and chemical properties such as boiling point, surface tension, and ability to dissolve other substances.