Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

B Emergent Gravity and the Dark Universe

1. Jan 5, 2017 #1

wolram

Gold Member

I am not sure about how micro and macro spaces communicate information, but this paper seems to need it for gravity to emerge. The paper is far to advanced for me to understand completely

https://arxiv.org/pdf/1611.02269v2.pdf

It also seems that in this paper that gravity and space time emerged, Emerged from what? was the information
    pre coded like DNA, I am confused.

Edit
    It seems like all these bits of information were pre ordained to make a universe.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 5, 2017 #2

BvU

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Searching for 'Verlinde' in PF gives seven pages of results.

4. Jan 5, 2017 #3

wolram

Gold Member

Thank you BvU, but the only information i can glean is as my OP.

5. Jan 5, 2017 #4
    If it is observed that a state 'A' can eventually lead to a state 'B', that is simply an observation of what in fact happens.
    That doesn't carry any implication that state 'A' must have been purposefully configured so that state 'B' will eventually emerge.

If we are dealing not with observations but predictions from models the same applies, although models are not definitive facts.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  6. Jan 5, 2017 #5

Chronos

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

A thread by the same title as this thread was started back in Nov 2016 in the BTSM forum.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted