1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Engineering Management - yay or nay?

1. Oct 5, 2011 #1
    As I get closer to finishing my Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, I'm wondering more and more in what direction I should go for my Master's. I know I want to pursue Renewable and Clean Energy to some extent, but I was wondering if I should also consider Engineering Management, as well. Do you think that would be worthwhile, or should I stick to pretty much the "technical" aspect of the field? Would a degree in EM boost my odds of landing a project manager position, or is that something that only experience can give? If it won't help my career, I don't want to pursue it, obviously, so I was just wondering if anyone had any advice.

Thanks much

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 6, 2011 #2
    Your work experience and performance will be more important. I would stick with the technical for your masters.

Then, when you are working, earn a Project Management Professional (PMP) certificate.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook