Job opportunities USA that combine data science with physics

Hello,

I am a Belgian master in physics and astronomy with a couple of years of working experience under his belt, who recently decided to obtain a second master in statistics. Normally I should graduate in 2020. My goal is to become a data scientist, but preferably within a scientific context. The main reason is that I want to get involved with advanced mathematics. Most engineering jobs in Belgium are pretty boring. It is mostly project management/engineering and I am honestly not interested in such jobs. I want to get involved with high end stuff and this will force me to leave the country.

What are the possibilities in the USA to combine physics with data science? If you have any information that could be of help and set me on the right track, then do leave a post here OR contact me through linkedin.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/michael-pieters-25aa10140/

Thank you for your attention and have a nice day!

Answers and Replies

.Scott
Homework Helper
If active automotive safety engineering such as automotive radar is of interest to you, I will pass your resume on to HR.
We have offices world wide.

Basically anything in particle physics or astronomy will involve a lot of overlap with data science.

If active automotive safety engineering such as automotive radar is of interest to you, I will pass your resume on to HR.
We have offices world wide.
Thanks for the offer, Scott, but I won't be able to move this year. If you got an office in Belgium, you can always pass my resume.

.Scott
Homework Helper
@Reinhart The closest engineering office would be in Germany.